New Year, New Goals

So, last year was crazy! Book club took a halt, I had a baby, got laid off of work as soon as my maternity leave was over (can I sue?), like many Americans I went on unemployment but not for long, started a day care out of my home, and read a ton of books (or at least what I consider a ton because I hadn't read a book voluntarily since Harry Potter in seventh grade. Every book I've read since then has been assigned by teachers or professors). I read the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series, The Lost Hero, and The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. I also read Dear John by Nicholas Sparks, Charlie St. Cloud by Ben Sherwood, Inca Gold, Shockwave, and Atlantis Found by Clive Cussler, Saint by Ted Dekker, and a book I try to read every year, Was God on Vacation? by Jack Van der Geest.

Due to a decrease in income, I didn't get to eat out much but my husband and I did try a few new restaurants - The Apple Barrel in Bixby and Shiloh's of Tulsa are two that come to mind first. Both serve an array of "home cooked" dishes (I'm not sure if they are actually made in the restaurant or made elsewhere, frozen, and shipped to the restaurant). And they have really great prices.

As far as my goals for this year, they're not concrete yet. I'm definitely going to read more books but I don't have any on my list yet and I'm looking forward to trying new restaurants but haven't heard of any good ones to try. If you have any recommendations, let me know.

Update: Some other goals I've decided to add to the list are to buy new furniture (sell off the old and de-clutter. I've been watching a lot of episodes of Designed to Sell on HGTV) and a new car...maybe two (one for me and one for the hubby).

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Daughter, twin sister, wife, mother, aunt (not in any particular order). Born in Aurora, Colorado. Grew up in Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Live in Bixby, Oklahoma. Married since December 2006. We have one son named Gabriel Seth, born May 18, 2010. I work at home and I'm loving it! Have a degree in Sign Language Interpreting and worked as a graphic designer for 4.5 years.

You can replace this text by going to "Layout" and then "Page Elements" section. Edit " About "